Spring Luncheon and Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for our Annual Spring Luncheon and Workshop!
Our day will begin with a 3 hour presentation (worth 3 CEUs), followed by a wonderful lunch, and will end with important SCCSHA business (including announcing Honors of the Association and Student Scholarship recipients).
This is the perfect time to meet with your fellow SCCSHA members and celebrate another wonderful year!
We will begin the day with a 3 hour presentation by Jeannene Ward-Lonegran, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, BCS-CL and Robert Pieretti, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, CSHA Fellow. Our two guest speakers will discuss "The Language-Literacy-Dyslexia Connection: Speech-Language Patholgists on Board!". In this lecture, the speakers will discuss:
1) The primary purpose of the CSHA Literacy Position Paper, the California Dyslexia Law, and the California Department of Education Dyslexia Guidelines
2) Identify areas of language SLPs may address to support literacy development in students with language disorders and language-learning disabilities including dyslexia
3) Discuss the SLPs role in literacy assessment in the public schools and how to link the assessment results of general and special educators in the assessment process
4) Describe treatment techniques, strategies, and approaches that may be used to support this population of students
- Student (SCCSHA Member)$30$300$0